The Virtus/Protecting God’s Children training program educates and trains adults, including clergy, religious, seminarians, teachers, staff, parish volunteers and school parents about the dangers of abuse, the warning signs of abuse, and responding to allegations of abuse.
Virtus was a specific virtue in Ancient Rome. It carries connotations of valor, manliness, excellence, courage, character, and worth, perceived as masculine strengths (from Lain vir, “man”). It was thus a frequently stated virtue of Roman emperors and was personified as a deity
The Safe Environment Office coordinates the Virtus/Protecting God’s Children training program. For more information about the program, contact the Director of the Safe Environment Office.
Director of the Safe Environment Office
(904) 262-3200, ext. 104
First Time Teen Registrants (Ages 15-17)
VIRTUS Quick Links
- Instructions for New Users (For Adults 18 and older)
- Instructions for Returning Users
- Instructions for New Teen Users (Ages 15-17)
- Virtus Instucciones Para Nuevos Usuarios
- Virtus Para Usuarios Ya Registrados
- Fieldprintflorida LiveScan Instructions
- IdentoGO by IDEMIA LiveScan Instructions
- ScanManFL LiveScan Instructions